Monday, April 4, 2011

Stegadon Finished



Overall, I like how this turned out.  There's a few spots where I could have put in more effort, but the end of this project turned out to be more tedious than I anticipated, namely all the details on the howdah.  I simply ran out of patience to paint a wood grain texture on all to those tiny posts.  I also opted not to add much to the base as the girth of the model doesn't leave much room to play around with.  You can check out some of the WIP pictures here and here, should you be so inclined.

If there's anything your particularly curious about, drop a comment.

6 comments:

  1. I can see allot of time went into this model and I think it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an accomplishment. I really like the layered highlights on the Stegadon himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! Looks good. Whats next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Justin - either the salamanders or the temple guard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will, they should be faster to paint up

    ReplyDelete